Urban Designer Position
Urban Designer, Full Time
New England. We work in a mostly virtual office, but ability to travel to Boston, Portland, or Providence is required.
Principle is seeking a full-time Urban Designer to join our team. The right candidate is a self-starter who works well in a virtual office space, has a practical understanding of New Urbanism, and brings 3 years of experience working at a professional firm.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Urban Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Art, or a related field.
- At least 3 years of urban design experience working at a professional firm.
- Strong planning and urban design skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, oral, and written communication.
- Ability to problem-solve and work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to engage and self-direct while working remotely.
- Experience and knowledge of the principles of the New Urbanism is required.
- Ability to produce urban design drawings and reports.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and timely manner with clients, consultants, and other team members.
- Proficiency in SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, and AutoCAD.
Send resume, portfolio, and writing sample to email@example.com with the subject line “Urban Designer Position”.
Principle is an entrepreneurial urban design, planning, and real estate development company. Our mission is to help create authentic places by working across disciplines and through a team-oriented approach. We are motivated by a shared commitment to New Urbanism and a passion for advancing the state of practice in our field. Our office is headquartered in Boston, but functions virtually, supporting a flexible work environment. Our business is focused on teaming with long-term partners and clients. Through consistent innovation and learning, we find new ways of addressing the challenges facing today’s community-builders, placemakers, and municipal leaders.