Planner, Full Time
New England. We work in a mostly virtual office, but ability to travel to Boston, Portland, or Providence is required.
Principle is seeking a full-time Planner to join our team. The right candidate is a self-starter who works well in a virtual office space, has a practical understanding of New Urbanism, and brings 3 years of experience working at a professional firm.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Planning, Urban Design, or a related field
- At least 3 years of experience working at a professional firm.
- Strong planning, writing, and community engagement skills.
- Skilled in managing relationships with clients and consultants.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, oral and written communication.
- Ability to problem-solve and work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to engage and self-direct while working remotely.
- Adept at self-directed work and performing effectively within a virtual office environment.
- Experience and knowledge of the principles of the New Urbanism is required.
- Ability to produce writing copy for planning projects, community engagement, and final reports.
- Experience organizing and managing public engagement events, including charrettes, tactical urbanism installations, and community meetings.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, and social media platforms.
- AutoCAD, SketchUp, and GIS experience is a plus.
Send resume, portfolio, and writing sample to email@example.com with the subject line “Planner Position”.
Principle is an entrepreneurial urban design, planning, and real estate development company. Our mission is to help create authentic places by working across disciplines and through a team-oriented approach. We are motivated by a shared commitment to New Urbanism and a passion for advancing the state of practice in our field. Our office is headquartered in Boston, but functions virtually, supporting a flexible work environment. Our business is focused on teaming with long-term partners and clients. Through consistent innovation and learning, we find new ways of addressing the challenges facing today’s community-builders, placemakers, and municipal leaders.